Kimberly - Lake Linden, Michigan
Themes: hope

I Believe in the Power of Optimism

op ?ti ?mism (noun) : the tendency to believe, expect, or hope that things will turn out well

I believe that there is no way to live a perfect life. Perfection doesn’t exist. Everybody should live their life to the fullest, to their extent of perfection. You should live life the best way you know how. You should always try new things and never let anybody stop you from accomplishing your dreams, because you can do anything you set your mind to.

To me, living a good life involves love, as much love as you can possibly get. You should have many friends and love them as your family. You should respect your family and always listen to what they have to say because someday it could really pay off and help you. You should learn to trust people and get people to trust you so you can confide in each other.

Happiness is also one of the most important things in life. I believe that if you are happy, you’re probably as close to perfection as you will ever get. Being happy is a great feeling and it can make you look at life with a sense of optimism. As someone once said, if you believe enough that you’re going to get rock star parking at the mall, you’re going to get it.

Optimism is another step to living your life great. If you can always find the best parts of situations there is no reason to feel sad. There is always an upside to a bad situation. If you look at things with “the glass half empty” feeling, there is no way to feel good about things and you’re just making yourself miserable. If you’re somewhere with none of your friends, don’t be all down that they couldn’t come, find some new ones and have some fun!

I believe you should set goals and do whatever it takes to reach them. You should set goals to be something way better than you expect of yourself and reach them, because that is your true potential. Instead of sitting on your couch watching TV, set a goal to run three miles each week, and work to reach it.

The best way to live life is to live it the best way you know how. Live life to its fullest and get everything out of it that you possibly can. You should have no regrets because you can’t change what you’ve done in the past, so why dwell on it, just move on. Life is a gift and you only get one so make the best of it. Try everything you get the opportunity for and take risks sometimes because if you don’t, you could be missing out on things that could make you very happy.