Tori - Hubbell, Michigan

Have you ever had your mind go completely blank? Nothing what so ever coming into your brain for an idea. Then it hits you, like the best, hardest, volleyball team’s hitter BAM right in the face.

Epiphany- a sudden striking understanding of something.

I have this sudden blankness’s all the time. And you know what I do until I get an idea?

(scribble all over here)

Scribble. Scribble, scribble, scribble. This may not be the greatest, most perfect idea in the world buy hey, it works for me. Depending on my mood I could scribble for an idea for anywhere to 10 minutes or an entire hour. Crazy lines, making a mess, it does nothing but give me loads of inspiration.

Inspiration, sometimes it’s so hard for me to get some, kind of like looking for diamonds in a copper mine. Pretty difficult. Other times I could be absolutely full of inspiration and ideas, I could spend an entire day writing. The completely retarded thing is where I can get my inspiration. It can be the stupidest, lamest, most ridiculous thing ever, like if I take longer to brush my teeth. Ideas rush me. It’s like my schedule gets completely thrown off and ideas over flow my brain like a bathtub running over the edges. It’s insanely brilliant.

Curvy, messy, amazing disaster. I love that, how such a messy creation can squeeze out anywhere from five to 8,888,881 words from every corner and surface of my young, and inexperienced brain. It’s amazing. But the beauty of it is not just the scribble but the unexplainable, indescribable feeling it gives me when that sense of no thought is turned magically into a creative piece of work.

It’s really hard for me to believe in just one thing, because I believe in so much. Life is so boring and bland if you don’t believe in anything. You have to have something to believe in to live each and everyday to its fullest. I’ll quote the band, Journey on this one, “Don’t Stop Believing.” Because I can’t just pick one belief to write about, I’m going to wrap this essay up with a few paragraphs of different beliefs of mine.

I believe in spending an entire snow day putting on as many sweatshirts and layers of pants as possible, finding gloves that don’t match and old hats, being so bundled up that you can barely bend over to tie your boots, to spend an entire five minutes out in the snow to catch one snowflake on your tongue.

I believe in sitting in a rocking chair when your eighty years old watching the sunset with your spouse of fifty years, not caring about a single thing but the silence of a setting sun.

I believe in loving without caring what will happen. I also believe you should live life to the fullest, and not hold back for a single moment, just let things happen. Who cares? Not me.