Janelle - Richfield, Ohio

What I believe in essay

I believe in my brother Cpl. William C. Lohnes, he is in the Marines. I have believed in my brother since the day he left for the Marines 6 years ago. No one felt he was going to do anything with his life, but I knew somehow that he was going to do something amazing with his life. He ended up doing something beyond what anyone thought he would do.

I still remember the day I was told that he was going into the Marines. I was sitting in my parent’s room when my brother walked in. He told my parents that he had made a decision on what he wanted to do with his life. He said he was going into the Military. This was right after 9-11. My parents asked him why he wanted to join the military and he answered “because I have a mother and a sister that I want to protect from anything happing to them.” At this point I just wanted to start crying because my brother was going to actually do something important with his life after being at the bottom of his class in high school.

Three months passed and he left to go into the Marines. Watching my brother take the oath before leaving for boot camp was one of the most emotional days of my life, I was going to miss my brother so much. The entire day when my brother left was really emotional because I was not going to be able to see my brother for what I thought was only going to be 6 weeks. Turns out that he couldn’t pass the physical fitness test that he had to pass to start boot camp he was going to be in there now for another month before he was to start boot camp. I went a year without seeing my brother.

When my brother finally went through his boot camp and graduated top of his class in boot camp I was so proud of him. I look up to my brother always have and that will never change now that he has been in the military for 5 or 6 years now he is finally getting out for good.

GOD BLESS ALL AMERICAN SOLDIERS THAT ARE OR HAVE EVER FOUGHT IN THE WAR WE LOVE AND SUPPORT YOU 100% AND GIVE YOU ALL OF OUR THANKS.