Hannah - Lake Oswego, Oregon
Themes: afterlife

I believe that life is recycled.

The way that this belief sounds makes it seem as though it is not emotionalized, personal or compassionate. It makes the idea sound as though it is harsh and made of tin. But when I say this, I mean it in the best way possible.

Life is a single living organism that interconnects all things to one another. We all stem from the same form of life and I believe we will all return to that same form once again. We all have the ability to recognize our sense of connection, but very few are able to fully grasp that gift.

I believe that most, not all, people have had another life before their own. We are not fully aware of that life but are given glimpses of it during our infancy and during our entire lives. When I was younger I had this fear of a certain kind of dog. Every time that I would see this dog I would freak out, not necessarily afraid it would bite me, but just afraid. I think, though I am not sure, that I possibly had a fear of a certain dog because in my past life I had a negative encounter.

When someone goes through life and has a negative journey or a negative outcome I think that this is means for having their life recycled. I think that by being reincarnated, it gives life another chance to be enjoyed rather than demolished and tossed away with.

When someone lives a life that is full of relationships that went unsolved, or crime, or pain and hurt, they may be able to redeem themselves. Otherwise that would be a waste of a perfectly good fragment of life. By recycling his soul, he is able to indirectly feel and go through a possibly more beneficial experience. We are the hosts of those who did not live with joy and happiness, so in fact, we are doing others a favor by trying to live well; our life it’s not only about us.