Danielle - Park Hills, Missouri

There’s a person in my life that I can always go to when I feel like there is no one else. This is a person that I deeply care about and don’t always show it. This person is someone who gives me great advice under any circumstance. She always points me in the right direction, and she has always enforced the meaning of right and wrong. She has taught me the important things in life. She is the person whom I can confide in and trust more than anyone. This person is my best friend. This person is my mom. I know it may seem like everybody has a mother who loves them and cares about them as they should, but the truth is not everybody is fortunate enough to have that. I cannot express to you how thankful I am to have that.

My mom has always been an extremely important person in my life. I learn from her accomplishments and mistakes. She has overcome many different things in her life, and she is a woman of influence. When I was in middle school I had a friend who despised her mother. She talked about her hatred toward her mom all the time. This made me appreciate my mom all the more. I tried to understand why she disliked her so much, but it seemed unreal to me. I couldn’t see how anyone wouldn’t love and care about their mom as much as I did. I now realize why it was so difficult for me to comprehend. I have never been through anything like that. It made it tough for me to see things from her perspective.

If it seems as if my mom and I have a perfect relationship, then let me make things a little more clear. We are human; we make mistakes and argue. However, I do not regret any of it, because I learn from my mistakes. I am trying to express the love that my mom and I share and show how much I really do appreciate her because it’s important. My mom has given me so much, and I just want to do the same for her. I want to be a great role model, provider, and friend for my daughter as my mother has always been for me.

Adabella Radici once said, “I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine – she helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights”. Personally, I feel that this is a wonderful quote because it applies to my life as well. Many people don’t appreciate things or people as they should, and if they do, they hardly ever show it. It’s not that difficult, and it makes me feel like a better person afterwards. Everybody should always tell people how much they love and appreciate them. It can truly make a great deal of difference in their lives; this I believe.