Victoria - Ann Arbor, Michigan

I BELIEVE IN STRONG STANDING FRIENDSHIPS

I believe that change is part of a every good friendship. Everyone is expected to change many times throughout their lives, and that’s not a bad thing. When I change, it either makes my friendships stronger, or it ruins everything.

I believe friendship can be true, and that it helps us all to grow to our full potential.

I believe friends are there for you when you need them most, and they pull you back when you’ve gone too far. They give you advice when you’re having a rough time, and they depend on you as much as you depend on them.

My friends are people who make me feel good about myself, and I believe that that plays a huge role in a strong standing friendship. My friends make me laugh even when I’m feeling my worst, and they help me get through any situation that I’m having a hard time in. They support me in everything that I do, and they encourage me to keep going. They are my idea of true friends.

I know that I’m not always deserving of the friendships that I have, and I know that I can be mean just as easily, so that’s why I give them so much credit for not giving up on me.

When I think about everything that I’ve been through to pick out, and decide on who my true friends are, the list seems to be longer than ‘Santa’s naughty and nice list.’ I seem to have had to do a lot to see who is really there for me. But looking back, I can see that by going through this process from before my teenage years started to today, has influenced how I manage the decisions in my future, and what‘s going on now.

I believe that to get friends, you have to work for their friendship. You should not physically work, but show them that your going to be true, honest, devoted, and really going to care for them as your family.

I learned my values, and standards on friendship, from growing up in a home where everyone was taught to be kind to one another, and to respect them. I also learned from many other friendships that had fallen apart because of either the lack, or presence of change.

There has never been a time when I didn’t have to be true to my friends. My friendships have showed me responsibility, and how to work for something that I really want.

I may not have as many friends as some people do, but I have true friends. Ones that will always be there for me no matter what we go through.

And what I have, I believe are strong standing friendships.