Kyle - Lake Linden, Michigan

Kyle K

7th hour

This I believe

When was the last time you cleaned your room? If you’re like me it’s almost every Sunday when your parents finally see it. I can normally hide it all week because they are so busy, but Sunday rolls around and it’s all over. “CLEAN YOUR ROOM OR YOU CAN”T DO ANYTHING THIS WEEK!” One or both of my parents will yell. From then on you can’t do anything without hearing those words. “Is you room clean yet?”

I want to know why they even care. I mean it’s my room, if they don’t like it, then they don’t have to go in there. They never do anyway. When I tell them that, they never have a good come back either. Other then they said so, and if I don’t then no computer or play station. I don’t think my parents like to see me sitting there doing nothing. Whenever I’m doing nothing and they are it’s always I bet your room isn’t clean. It’s pretty much a guarantee. My response is normally “I don’t Know.” So they go check and obviously its not so whatever I was doing has to stop right then and there until my room is clean. My day just went from relaxing to cleaning. If you know anything then you know that’s a steep cliff to fall off of. So once again I will ask the question, why does my room have to be clean? Especially when I’m the only person who sees it on a regular basis. I don’t mind it, that’s for sure.

Who cares if clothes are all over the floor? Who cares about the empty cups, pop cans, and snack wrappers all over? Why does it matter if my closet is open, drawers falling out of my dresser with more clothes falling out of them, CD’s not in their cases, blankets on the floor, and just a little trail leading to my bed? If it doesn’t bother me it shouldn’t matter. My parents however think otherwise.

On top of all that, I like most people hate cleaning. It ruins the whole day. Even if it should take only an hour or less, I’ll just sit there and make it longer because I don’t want to do it. Then my parents walk in and the yelling starts up again. It’s not fun at all trust me. Then they say well if I just cleaned it they wouldn’t yell. However if they just didn’t demand it be clean they wouldn’t have to yell either. So other then parents “authority” this argument would really go no where and I would probably win.

It’s my room, I hate cleaning it, and yes it is always messy, so what. It is my belief that I shouldn’t have to clean my room!