Sarah - Lake Oswego, Oregon

What I Believe

I believe that there is no such thing as normal.

I believe that we all have the potential to be good, but not everyone is strong enough to use it. I believe that no one is a genius, but everyone is an idiot. That just wishing for something won’t make it happen. I believe that if you tell a lie that’s never revealed it becomes the truth. I believe we all grow up to be like our parents, no matter how hard we try not to. I believe that the right thing to do is always the hardest.

I believe that dreams are the art of our deepest secrets. I believe everything happens for a reason and that Karma is an actual person who seeks revenge. I believe that water is the ocean’s air and that underneath my blanket is the safest place to hide. I believe that knowingly being unfair is the worst example to set for your children, but learning to deal with unfairness is a necessity of life. I believe that smiling at a stranger won’t make their horrible day any better, but it’s always a nice thing to do.

I believe that without laughter the heart would stop. I believe that we all have our own heaven waiting for us after we pass away. I believe that if you knock on wood, you won’t be jinxed. That when it snows, it’s because the clouds are exploding. I believe that people are only scared of what is in the dark, not darkness itself. I believe that if you whisper your secrets to the wind, soon the whole world will know them. I believe that life is hell with glimpses of heaven. I believe that if you always focus on what you want, you’ll never realize what you have.

I believe that if the earth stopped spinning, we’d all be dizzy. That if there was no water, fish would fly. I believe that clouds are made of giant marshmallows and that when I close my eyes no one can see me. I believe that when a tree falls in an empty forest, someone is crying from loneliness. I believe that hating only comes from the anger of knowing we still care. I believe that Santa Claus is real, but could never fit down any chimney. I believe that we never realize that we are all someone’s guardian angel.

I believe that when your heart skips a beat, its true love. I believe that you can never truly know yourself or anyone else. I believe that if there never was chocolate, we would all crave cheese. I believe that if you put a message in a bottle and send it out to sea, the dolphins will laugh at you. I believe that shooting stars are those who have grown too tired to hold on any longer.

And I believe that without beliefs nothing would exist.