steve - wonder lake, Illinois
Themes: addiction

This I believe Hell-Heaven

All my live I have seen and been through things that have made me to come to this belief. When I was little I didn’t know better in what was happening, but my mother had a part in her life and living with. She was a day to day thing. One day worst enemy.

She was always nice to me, through my oldest brother was beaten by his father and kicked out of my mother’s house many times. This was his hell He was involved in bad things that led to jail time, court dates and finding a place to stay.

My mom grew up with four brothers and by the time she was fifteen years old she lost her brother Stephen, who was five when he was hit by a drunk driver and Robert, who was shot and killed at age fifteen. And about seven years ago her brother Christopher died; he was crippled from heroin the last few years of his life. Now all she he left is her brother Barry and he have been in and out of jail since he was thirteen.

She didn’t stop drinking until hell has taken over. She lost everything her house, car, license, and her children. For those nine months of not seeing my mother at the age of twelve was my hell. But she saw that she didn’t have to stay in hell and she saw heaven, she got help starting going to aa meetings and has been sober for five years now. She goes to church every Sunday and luckily got everything back but her license. She is happier then ever.

My brother saw the same thing as my mother. After doing three years in cook county jail got help to he got set up with vocational training and now he has a beautiful three year old baby girl ad a job that’s pays 36/hr at the age of 24. And is in a good painters union. People go through hell everyday, it’s just they don’t see heaven is there just around the corner.

Steve Cox