Miriah - Grantsville, Utah

I Believe in Stopping Animal Abuse.

I believe in stopping animal cruelty as a whole. I believe in stopping the cruelty not only in Utah, but in the US and if I could, I’d stop this in the entire world. I believe that stopping the abuse and cruelty starts with one person. I think it takes just one person to stand up for what they believe in, with saying that I am standing up for stopping animal abuse. I believe stopping this takes multiple people to give personal insight to others to get everyone to understand where you’re coming from. To me that am the hardest step, just getting the courage up to speak about a subject that little light is shed on.

I believe that animal brutality is a growing into a huge problem that not only needs to be faced but I feel that it should and needs to stop. It is on the rise in the US because of the homeless pets’ problem. Everyday thousands of dogs and cats are euthanized because shelters are becoming overly populated. I believe that it is wrong to euthanize a helpless animal because it doesn’t have a home. I feel that the shelters could do more to help this situation; even if that means volunteering more time.

I believe that the shelter’s problem is not the major source of the growing abuse problem. Most abuse happens to animals in unfit homes, that is were the major problem with abuse starts. Even then it’s hard to for authority figures to tell whether or not there is ‘actual’ abuse in the home and act upon it. I disagree with how most authorities’ approach this situation. I feel that you would be able to see automatically that an animal is being abused or neglected, and with that I feel that authorities should be able to investigate with out a problem. I don’t know all of the laws that are in affiliation with that, but again it is just my opinion.

When authorities do step in, in the end there isn’t going to be any justice for the animal that was abused. For the person or persons that were involved in abusing the animal(s) the worst punishment for them is that they will have received a class A misdemeanor, and depending on what was done to the animal they will receive a penalty that the judge or jury feels you deserve. The least sever punishment for animal abuse is a class C misdemeanor, which will most likely result in a fine along with either community service or probation.

I believe that these punishments are not severe enough for someone who abused any type of an animal. I feel that there should be a more harsh punishment for those individuals that were involved with such acts.

I believe that animals deserve justice. Even though most people believe that animals do not have any sort of feelings, making it impossible for animals to receive justice, I do not under any circumstance believe that this is true.

This is what I believe, I believe in most of the things (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) PETA stands for, and also I believe in the (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) ASPCA and everything that they stand for. I believe that there is a solution to this problem and it is not going to happen with just a few people here and there. To stop this I believe it starts with your help; I believe that this is about standing for the right and stopping the wrong.