Sara - Palm Desert, California

Every human being on Earth makes decisions. Choices are what build each pillar that continues to hold our day to day lives. Although actions made for oneself appear to be different than those for a whole, I believe that our actions affect everyone around us, even though they may only be concerned with ourselves. Our universe is a net of glue in which we all share the same slot in our world. Instead of being known as individuals, our humanity is what forms us as one, each having a little tug on our shared reality. Key Example such as, Hitler and his impact on our history and those who lived it, and me, a guitarist and poet wishing to understand the world, help me explain my view.

As we travel through time back to the mid 1940’s, we witness many decision making events, such as World War II and Pearl Harbor, but one shined brighter than the others. It was Adolf Hitler and his dream of conquering the world. One man’s wish led to the extinction of half the population, changing the lives for all who inhabited Earth. While attempting to satisfy his own desire that concerned the mere power he was given, he altered the focus of the worlds’ magnifying glass of peace. With every shot to the head or gas chamber cleared, Hitler’s actions affected the mental state of the world, by burying hope and rising up fear.

I am a guitarist. My music attempts to explain the mysteries that every aspect of the world contains. I try to bring people hope. My choice in playing guitar and writing what I feel has affected those around me in an emotional sense. When people, such as friends, families, or strangers, witness me play, I seem to inspire them and start them on a path they didn’t think they would ever have stepped foot on. The actions I make toward the music I create, such as shows, or just one on one time, teaches those around me to see the world in colors and pay more attention to what they are capable of.

How we steer the wheel of our lives is up to us, but with every swerve of the road, another car has to move out of the way and bind to what our new path is. With every action made by someone, is thus the cause of the following action or decision of those around them. This is based upon the idea that that action would not have come into being if the previous action wasn’t made. I believe that our decisions and choices affect everyone around us, in the inspiring abyss of land, water, and Earth, we all call home.