Zee - Duncan, South Carolina

I Believe

During life, one must learn different lessons, follow rules, and be a good person. I have plenty of standards to live up to in order to make me a better person. Although I have many beliefs, there are a few that I follow everyday and they are: don’t judge a book by its’ cover, always try my best, and nobody’s perfect.

One day, there might be a new student at school and they may look stuck up, I have to remember “don’t judge a book by its’ cover”. I’ve been in a couple of situations where I thought somebody was mean and thought they were better than everyone else. It turned out to be that they were nice and a very good friend. When I analyze this quote, I think that when I see anything at all don’t judge it by its’ looks but get to know the facts. Once somebody came up to me and said before they knew me well, they thought I was stuck up. When I heard that I was hurt, so I decided to never judge people by their appearance, and I have never had any drama so I guess it works!

No matter what I’m doing, whether it’s playing my instrument, or taking a test, I always try my best. If I didn’t put 100% into what I do, I probably wouldn’t be successful in anything. I make all A’s because I focus on my schoolwork and try my best in school. Also, when I’m learning something new and its difficult, I don’t give up on it and give it my all until I reach my goal. Afterwards, I feel good when I know that I tried hard and accomplished what I was doing. I can’t get far in life without being at my best. I have high expectations for myself and the only way I can make it is if I try my best and never give up.

I understand that everybody makes mistakes, even bad ones but nobody is perfect. I’ve had some friends that have treated me badly and I’ve confronted them. When they apologized, I had to realize that everybody is going to make some mistakes and to forgive and forget. I know I have made some mistakes and I know they haven’t been on purpose so I comprehend the fact of incidents. If humans were all perfect the world would be a mess. God made everyone imperfect for a reason and I have learned to love other people even with their flaws.

I’m the type of person that will stick to something if I believe it enough. And these three beliefs are definitely things I will always follow. Because I apply these standards into my everyday life I almost don’t have problems with anybody. I’m enjoying life drama free! Although I have many beliefs, there are a few that I stick to everyday and they are: don’t judge a book by its’ cover, always try my best, and nobody’s perfect. If you try it, I believe it will help you in life too.

Zee J

Mrs.Dobson

James F. Byrnes Freshman Academy