Anes - Des Plaines, Illinois
Themes: sports

Have you ever been so happy when you’re doing something you love? Well that’s how I feel when I play soccer. I believe that soccer makes up the person who I am today because when ever someone says something about soccer I get happy and just want to start playing it. When I’m playing soccer it feels like I’m free and I can do whatever I want. The definition of soccer in my words means beautiful game, heart, pride, desire, and teamwork. Skill is just one thing that amazes people when they watch it; this is because skill is a way of talking in soccer. For example, when I’m playing soccer I erase my mind from everything and just think about the fundamentals of the game and just focus on what I’m doing. This is also because all I can think about is soccer, what I can do to get better, and what can I do to express that feeling. What I do to express this feeling is just practice everyday on knew moves and ways to tell people I work hard without talking, but showing them my moves. All I do everyday is come home and watch soccer and the channel never changes. I watch videos of legends like Zinedane Zidane and Zlatan Ibrahimovic and try to think how I can be like them. When I watch soccer I feel so happy because the flow of the game and just magic moments that you don’t expect to happen…happen. When I play soccer I always try to think of new moves and improve my shots. My friends know how much soccer takes up my life because even on really cold days I’m out there playing and trying to get better instead of going to the movies or go party with them, and they understand. Special moments like when the crowd is cheering for you or chanting for your teams puts such a adrenaline rush in you and makes you try and play the beautiful game that much more. Like I said before with skill, the way you play expresses who you are and what you’re all about. Another thing is that the tempo of the game can change at anytime and if so unexpected which can get the crowd up out of their seats, like when a really good soccer player is dribbling the ball, or it can make the crowd go crazy with anger. I have even cried over soccer because when I was little I was huge in soccer and so was my team and all I did was play soccer no matter what and I was great at it, I had crowds getting up off their seats and cheering. So when we got to the finals we lost by one goal in overtime. All I did was play soccer no matter what and I was great at it, I had crowds getting up off their seats and cheering. This is why I believe soccer makes up who I am and why I love it. Also, soccer for me is breathing for others because without soccer I couldn’t live.