Conner - Tacoma, Washington
Themes: family, gratitude

I believe in many things but, the thing I believe in the most is love in a family. Love in

a family is a very important value. I never know when the last time I’ll see my parents is, so whenever they go out for a while I always say “I love you”. Simple, right? Not so much.

Sometimes I hear kids talk about how much they hate their parents. It is like those three words are taboo. Those words are just so hard to say for some kids, it seems ridiculous to me.

For me it is not hard at all, I love my parents plain and simple, some people might call me a “mama’s boy “ well who cares what they think. For me it seems obvious there is no greater love than the love from a parent. Maybe I’m just lucky to have good parents but, when it comes to family I am not lucky. For me I have no uncles, brothers or sisters, I don’t even have a single cousin I only have one aunt

I don’t have any grandparents either, they are all gone. Three of them died before I was born, my grandmother just a week from my birthday. My grandfather the one that lived to see me was in the hospital for a short time. The only memory I have was visiting him at the hospital at the time I was about two years old and I didn’t even know who he was. All I can remember is going to a hospital and going to see some old man. That was the last time I saw him the next day he died. I now realize who he was I hear stories about him. Now I regret not remembering saying “I love you” just once. That’s why I value my parents so much, I never know when I might not see them again so I don’t want to remember some stupid fight. I want to remember “I love you” as my last words to me parents. This why I believe in love as a family.