Briana - Palm Desert, California

Feng Shui and the Positive State of Ch’i

I believe in Feng Shui, the Chinese Art of Placement. I began my Feng Shui journey when I stumbled upon a website that briefly spoke of this bizarre subject called Feng Shui. With what little information I gathered from the website I assumed it was some silly Chinese myth, but slightly intrigued by this topic foreign to me, I did some further research on the subject.

After just a little bit of research on Feng Shui my excitement about the synchronicities in life steadily grew. Feng Shui, pronounced in English (“fung shway”), is ancient Chinese practice of placement and arrangement of space to achieve harmony with the environment. I believe that Feng Shui can have an effect on health, wealth, and personal relationships.

In my research on Feng Shui I learned that it translates to “Wind and Water” and predates Confucianism and Taoism and has been practiced for over three thousand years. An important component of Feng Shui is Ch’i, a vital energy flow that is harmonious and supportive of human life. Feng Shui practitioners used to and still do use Feng Shui for strategically placing habitats above flood plains, below strong winds, and in the safe embrace of land that was blessed with harmonious Ch’i.

Sense my first encounter with the Chinese Art of Placement known as Feng Shui, my life has changed tremendously. When I first discovered Feng Shui I tried to apply it to my life and my house and the way I live. As I looked around my house, my living space, I noticed there was something stored behind every door making it impossible to freely move in and out of any room in the house also in my own room furniture and clutter blocked smooth passages throughout the space. So I moved around furniture and unblocked thresholds to lift and enhance the Ch’i in my home. All the little changes that I made turned out to be for the better, it uplifted the spirit of our home and the spirits of the people inside the home it really brought out positive energy and thoughts.

In my life today I try to incorporate Feng Shui into nearly every aspect of my life, not just the way my room is arranged but I like to use Feng Shui in how I approach and treat people. A famous Chinese saying I like to remind myself of goes like this “Being born with good looks is not as important as being born with a good destiny; Being born with a good destiny is not as important as having a kind heart; Having a kind heart is not as important as having a positive state of Ch’i.”

I believe in having a positive state of Ch’i in my life and practicing Feng Shui and I believe that both are essential in having a well balanced life.