Moving Along

Nadeem - Manhattan Beach, California
Themes: humility

I wake up, wash my face, and breathe deeply. I look at the sky and take it all in. I go through the day without thought, without stress, no opinions. There are countless things to do in one day than anyone has ever thought of, you jus need to get up and do them. You do not need to plan what you are going to do next, just go do it.

I believe in living. Life is not a game; there are no strategies or plans. People need to learn to relax, to let go of their worries, their plans, and whatever they think is “necessary in life.” Schedules and calendars are just materials, they do not make me; I make them. I go through the day and do whatever I want to do.

No time limits, no tight schedules, nothing beeping and telling you to go eat or to go to your next meeting, just freedom. I receive a freedom most do not know exists. This freedom comes with every life, and all that is needed to do is start living.

Life is not made of machines and paperwork. It is thought, mind, and soul. One day spent without any plans feels like a lifetime with them. I know this because I have lived this way most of my life. I do not have any plans, the future is full of many possibilities, and so I began living up to it. Every day I try making the most of my life, because I never know when it will be taken away from me.

When I was little, I did not believe in many things, and never had many things to look forward to. As I grew up I began to see things in a different way, I began experiencing things that I appreciated much more. I soon began appreciating every second I had to live because I knew life was precious. I also began to see that many things could not be foreseen, like death.

I knew then that I was not in control of what my life would be like, and I could not control my life, but rather only what I do in it. All the things in the world became brighter at that moment; I knew I could not plan what would happen to me. I now live my life, always thinking of and believing in the life that I have been given as well as the adventures that come with it.