Chelsea - Salt Lake City, Utah

I believe in living, laughing and loving.

There is an old saying: live well, laugh often, love much. My aunt was the first person to introduce it to me. I noticed a big wooden sign saying: live well, laugh often, love much. It struck me, so I asked her about it. She told me that she loves those wise words because they are so simple, yet so complex. And I agree with her. Ever since then, I’ve resorted back to those words almost everyday, and they help me if I’m mad or sad.

I think too many people in the world worry about their appearances-how much weight they have to loose, what the opposite sex will think about them, the list goes on and on. People shouldn’t worry about what they look like and how they can impress others. Everybody was born the way they are for a reason. And if others can’t accept that, don’t waste your time with them. Be happy with yourself, and love the skin you’re in because no matter how much plastic surgery you get, or how much make-up you put on, your still the same person deep within. People need to live their lives the way they believe is right for them. Don’t let others tell you what to do, or how to live your life.

In my opinion, laughing is crucial in life. If you don’t laugh, you don’t live. If I’m feeling down, I’ll go to one of my friends and I know they’ll make me feel better, by making me laugh. They will remind me of a funny joke, or comment which will cheer me up. I feel that laughter is a medicine for bad moods, crabby people, and even arguments. To me, people that don’t laugh are always so remorse and ungrateful for life. I just say, “Hey! Life is good, so don’t waste time being so down, be joyful and put a smile on!”

And the best part is, laughter is contagious. That’s my favorite part about it. If someone says something that is truly not funny, but they laugh about it, it causes people around them to laugh also. It cheers everybody up.

Love is another crucial element in life. Now, I’m not saying you have to go out and get yourself a girlfriend/boyfriend, what I’m talking about is the love of friends and family. I know people don’t always get along with their family, but who does? However, you will always love them because they are your family, and they always will be. With friends, you might not always agree with them, but true friends don’t let that get in between their relationship. They forgive, forget and continue their love.

Life is good. Cherish every moment of it and don’t take it for granted. Be thankful for every person in your life and let them know you love them often. And life is short, so make it a good one.