Zach - Salt Lake City, Utah

I have only recently found the words that can explain the philosophy that helps guide me in my daily life. It is a little strange and unusual but I think that I works.

I believe in grilled cheese sandwiches. Grilled and crunchy on the out side, warm and gooey on the inside.

I believe that the grilled and crunchy bread is a metaphor for things that don’t really change very often and the warm, gooey cheese is a metaphor for the unexpected twists in life. Also the bread, the more stable part of your life, holds the cheese, the not so stable parts in life, together.

Grilled cheese sandwiches don’t last very long, just like how life is to short. If you let a grilled cheese get cold it doesn’t tasted as good. But if life gets too hot than let it cool down just like a grilled cheese.

One person that lives this way is my grandma. She is always living life to the fullest, she still works part time, but when things get to hot and crazy she sits down to cool off. My grandma loves penguins, all around the house in every room there is some sign of penguins. About seven years ago she went to Antarctic, then she went to the Arctic, and then she went back to Antarctic. Two years ago we went on a family cruse to Alaska and she kept up with ever one. She takes ever opportunity that she can to try something new.

There are sometimes that I don’t completely follow my own philosophy. Just like many other people there are some days that I sleep in till noon and just sit on the couch and watch t.v. all day, but thats okay every once and a while.

Sometimes you can put to much cheese on your sandwich and everything can go wrong. The best example of to much cheese was when I went to San Diego with my Dad. Everything was fine at first but then we missed our flight. So we got another flight, and we were determined not to miss this flight, but we did.

The point is that there are lots of unexpected twists in life, they maybe good or bad, they could even completely change the way that you think about everything. But always remember that you sometimes just have to sit back relax and have a grilled cheese sandwich.