Greg - Cottonwood Heights, Utah

I believe that doing what you need to do will get you to what you want to do. If you don’t do your work you will get bad grades, or get fired. You need to do these things to get what you want.

When I was a little kid my parents brought me to mass every Sunday, now we are lucky to go on Christmas and Easter. At mass I would just sit there and squirm until the mass was over. I knew I wasn’t alone though; there were always babies crying and people whispering to each other about what to do afterword. Nobody around me looked happy. I went with my parents, partially because I was forced, but mostly because I didn’t want my parents mad at me. If they weren’t mad at me than I would get to watch more TV or I would get more dessert.

Now instead of going to mass I just try to enjoy what “God” has given me and my family. Mainly sleeping and watching TV. My parents are fine with only going on Christmas and Easter. They still try to bribe me with going to breakfast if I go to church but they are trying less frequently.

I don’t like school but I go to it because the consequences of not going would be worse than just going to school. My parents would be “disappointed” and so would I. I would have to work at Target or McDonalds for the rest of my life and that does not sound as “fun” as school.

I believe that in doing what you need, will lead you to better things. If you go through collage you will get a better job and hopefully be happier.