Jackie - Salt Lake City, Utah

I believe in the power of friendship

Having friends that care for me and that I care for is a very important part of my life. I believe with out my friends I would truly be missing something. When I am not with my family I prefer to be with one or more of my friends.

My friends are always there for me. When ever I am down on myself and need a hug, I know my friends have my back and they know I have theirs. We trust each other.

I treasure my memories of the many different experiences I have with my friends. The ones that stick out the most are the memories from times of extreme emotion. A good friend could share the hardest feelings and the most fun of feelings. Like the time we were laughing so hard juice came out of my nose and we can’t remember what was so funny. Or the time we were so scared when Mr. S chased after us when he caught us toilet papering his house.

When ever I meet someone new, I try to befriend them. Having tons of friends is not my objective, but to have good friends in the right places. I don’t need a friend who uses me or does things against my morals. I don’t care about what you’ve done, where you’re from, or what you look like, as long as you are a good friend.

My friends are people who accept me for me and are always there for me. I will always be there for my friends. No matter how many years it has been since I last talked to them, we are always friends. I think being friends is like family but you get breaks in between. There are times when life gets busy and I don’t get to spend as much time with a friend but when we do get together again we pick up right where we left off. Also, when we get into each others personal space too much we take a break but with a true friend I know the friendship is still there.

My friends each serve a different purpose in my life. When I have a funny joke to share I will call one friend, but if I have fashions issues I turn to a different friend. The times when I just need someone to listen to me I turn to another friend.

There is a strong energy to friendship, because even if they are not there with you, their energy rubs off on you. For example just thinking of that time when my friend fell in front of all the football guys still makes me laugh, even when I am by myself. I always have that endless surrounding feeling of love from my friends.