Macy - Salt Lake City, Utah

I believe in happiness.

I believe that the happier you are, the better your life will be. When you are happy, the people around you can’t help but be happy. Happiness comes from many different things, and those things are different for everyone. For me they include my family, my friends, and all the little things in life that you can’t help but smile at.

My family is a major part of my happiness, their positivity makes it hard to be unhappy. My family has taught me to see the glass as half full and not as half empty, they have taught me to happy with myself and to try and make others happy also. Most importantly they have to taught me to find the positive side of things, and to never focus on the negative. My grandpa is a very happy person, he always looks at the bright side of things, and never lets anything get him down. He lives in a little tiny town where everyone knows him, and whenever we would see someone he knew they would always look so happy just to see him. It always amazed me at how happy he could make people without even saying anything, just being there. Along with my family there are my pets, they make me incredibly happy. They always seem to be able to put a smile on my face, and they’re loyalty always amazes me.

My friends are also a big part of my happiness, they are always there for me, and even when I’m having a bad day they find some way to make me smile. They have taught me to laugh at myself and that has become incredibly important. With that it was hard to take any one thing too seriously and it helped with my happiness. There are times when things should be taken seriously but if everything is taken seriously you will eventually stop seeing the positive in life, and without that, you can’t have much of a life. Knowing that my friends are there for me when I ever I need them, and knowing that they will always support me, has given me a whole new sense of happiness.

Not only are my family and friends important, but it’s the little things too that aid in my happiness. I believe that it is the little things in life that make you happy. For me a lily, a deserted beach, or a rainy day make me happy, but it is different for everyone. For my happiness I can not depend on just one thing, on just my family or just my friends. It is everything combined that makes me who I am, and keeps me happy.