Kadee - SLC, Utah

I believe in the bond between sisters.

No matter how much we want to deny it, we really are the each others other halves. We can easily complete each others sentences and we don’t need words to understand each other. We get in fights but forgive each other seconds later. This is what sisterhood is all about; loving each other through thick and thin.

We tell each other everything, I know all of her secrets and she knows all of mine. The second anything exciting or sad happens in my life she is the first one I tell. When I am upset about something or need to figure something out she is the first person I call. I look up to her and trust in everything she does.

Growing up we lived in nine different houses and attended six different schools so we became each others best friends. Having my sister always made it easier to leave and move on because no matter what my best friend moved along with me.

During the summer of our five and six year old lives we would love to go to the park and play in the sand box. One day while we were building sand castles and pretending our Barbies were the princesses of the kingdom a girl walked up and started to tease us and stomped on our castle and kicked sand in our faces. Even though Michaela was older than me she began to cry and I felt the need to stand up for her so I began to kick sand at the other girl until she ran away. This shows that no matter what we always find a way to protect each other and now that we are older she has begun to protect me and stand up for me.

I believe that no matter what happens in our lives we will continue to be each others love and support and as we become old wrinkly ladies. We will still call each other to complain about our husbands and tell about our newest knitting creations. We will still gossip about all the old ladies at the community center. But most of all we will still be each others best friends.