Elizabeth - salt lake city, Utah

I believe in dancing, the moment when I leave the harsh reality and become one with the music. Dancing is a way I can express my emotions and channel them into art. Dance is like a painting there are colors, emotions, and a purpose for painting it. The purpose of dance can be anything from a famous ballet to dancing by yourself in your room. The purpose itself doesn’t matter as much as the feeling behind it.

When I focus on the music and the movement I leave this world and enter the world where sound has color, movement has taste, and the sky is the limit. Dance can take and manipulate my emotions into something new. If am angry about something, after just a few minutes of dancing I forget all about my anger.

When I was little I was the total opposite of a dancer. My sister on the other hand was an amazing dancer. She always wanted me to get out of soccer, volleyball, or any other sport. Before I thought that dance was silly and had nothing to do with competition, endurance, or anything else that had to do with the sports I loved. Try as she did I refused to go to a dance class with her.

My sister finally bullied me into taking a class with her. After that one class I found out that it was harder then it looked. Though I was wrong I still didn’t want go to any other dance classes. After all of the sports were done I decided to go to another dance class with my sister. After a few weeks of dancing I was hooked, I have been dancing for three years now. I believe in dancing and how it took me by surprise.