Samantha - South Jordan, Utah

I believe teenage years are for finding out who you are. It’s when you figure out your style, orientation, passions-your whole personal being.

It’s about trying out new things, but staying true to yourself. It’s about testing yourself and finding limits. We’re all in a hurry to grow up, but you have to know who you are in order to move further. And it’s not bad to let people in when they want to help you.

I’ve discovered a lot about myself through these past couple years. I know what I want in life, what I want to do, and I’m trying to find out who I am and what I want for myself.

First off, I think love has no gender. I love people for who they are as a person, not what kind of body they have. Yes, I’m bisexual and even though some people don’t accept that it’s who I am and I cant change it.

Second, black is the best color. I love it and wear it everyday. I love safety pins and fingerless gloves. I paint my nails black and wear the darkest clothes I can find. I hate when people say “Oh it’s just a phase she’ll hopefully grow out of soon.” Maybe it is just a phase, but it’s also a part of who I am. It’s me trying to find out what’s right for me and personally, I love looking like this because it’s comfortable to me.

I love playing lacrosse and sketching. I know lacrosse is just a temporary thing but I have fun with it. It’s a great de-stressor. I want to spend the rest of my life in the art business though. I used to want to be something else, but I have so much passion for art.

I like partying and hanging out with my friends just as much as any other teen, but in the long run that’s not going to get me anywhere. I’m just another teen living in my own little world and finding myself as I go along.

I believe in self discovery. It doesn’t matter if you’re bi, gay, straight, preppy, emo, or nerdy. It’s about finding out who you are and who you want to be. We’re all looking to find the same thing. We all want to know who we are. And only we can determine it for ourselves.