Alex - Salt Lake City, Utah
Themes: question

I have always been a person who wants to know more. More about things like why peppers are hot, or how batteries work, or who invented the television. Ever since I was little I have always question everything around me relentlessly. Using questions is how I learn.

I believe in the question. The question is one of the most useful phrases that people can use. It is the most helpful learning tool for me. I can always figure out what I want to know by asking the right question to the right person. The question is the reason why know all that I do today.

All of my life I have questioned everything. When I was younger I used to ask more than I do today. It was a drag to go to a movie with me because I would ask about everything that was in or had to do with the movie. My parents used to have set me aside before we went to a movie to tell me not to ask one question.

Now I’ve learned to question more efficiently. I’ve learned how to piece together the best way of asking something. It is an art. The greatest artists of the question are scientists. Science is just questioning what is around us and using methods to answer those questions. Questioning is also used in philosophy. Philosophy is pretty much the question of how one should live.

Many questions go unanswered. This is no waste of words. The question “Why are dinosaurs extinct?” despite many theories, has gone unanswered for the longest time but there are many jobs related to figuring out the answer. Questions lead to other questions which starts a chain reaction of people wanting to know more. Even unanswered questions have power in what they lead to.

The question has other uses as well. If authority is never questioned then generally it is just accepted. If no one questions what is wrong than what is right will never prevail. The world needs people who don’t just accept what is told to them but who challenge poplar belief to find out if it is valid. The question isn’t only used to learn but also to change and to start new questions.

Questions are, in my opinion, the most useful combinations of words. They can be used to learn, to challenge, to spark interest, and to lead other people to think. I myself have learned to use the question to my advantage. To me, that is the way that I learn more about this world.