Jacqueline - Johnstown, Colorado

I came from a family of dysfunction and abuse. After years of surviving and then thriving this is what I believe. I believe that every person has a pearl of wisdom for me, if I take the time to find it. I believe that everyone should be treated with the respect that comes of being a human being, even child molesters. I believe that a higher power exists and shows up in many forms for many kinds of people. I believe the same trauma that was a curse can become a blessing. I believe that happiness is a choice and has little to do with the situation that you are in. I believe that you can have friends that are the same or better than family and may support and love you more fully than family ever could. I believe that being around children renews your hope for the world and your innocence. I believe that painful lessons and hard times are when you are open to the most learning. I believe that to travel is to open up your world. Get out of your box and see how others live! I believe that reading is very much like traveling. It opens your world and provides escape at the same time. I believe that pain and disease slow you down so you can stop and look and see what is really important. I believe that growth is the opposite of death. Choose a subject, anything that intrigues you and learn. Keep your mind alive. Finally I believe that love is scary and leaves you incredibly vulnerable. If you can take that leap, the depth of love is as wide as the vulnerability you risk and the rewards are incredible.