Jiyoon - centreville, Virginia

Since when I was young, my mom is my best friend and when I am with her, I feel really comfortable and I can feel that she truly loves me. However, she was kind of strict about dating boys because I am the oldest child and a girl. I always needed to be like a good perfect daughter for her. So I dated the guys secretly because I am a teenager and I want to do whatever I want to do but it was really hard to tell her. But while I am getting older and older, I wanted do what other teenagers do. So I dated guy and started skipped the school. But I never smoke and drink. However, while I was dating a guy, I really wanted to tell my mom what my boyfriend and I did and what I really feel about him as other girls and moms did. But that was really hard to do and I knew what her reaction is going to be. But, one day, she knows that I dated a guy and skipped the school. She was so upset and mad. She was screaming and yelling at me and she was almost faint. I will never forget that moment. That was like a nightmare. And I felt like my life is ruined because of this drama. After she calmed down, I honestly told her that what I really think and why I done this to her. And she told me that it’s all her fault because she was too strict to me and not open mind. And also, she said that she wants to be my best friend, so I can tell her everything and she wants me have no secret between her and me. That made me feel really comfortable and I feel like she is really my best friend. After that, my mom and I are really getting closer than before. I can trust my mom more than my best friends and she gives me the best advices that I cannot get from my friends. I love my mom from the bottom of my heart.