Hero’s are in us All

Chris - Wallsburg, Utah

I believe in heroes. The word hero is a very broad term. The dictionary definition of a hero is “A man of distinguishable valor or enterprise in danger, or Fortitude in suffering; a prominent central personage in any remarkable action or event; hence a great or illustrious person” (l/9/3 Webster). This dictionary definition pretty much sums up what a hero is, a man/woman who did something great. I have had many heroes in my life from superheroes when I was young, to real people today, but my most beloved hero is my dad. He is the best person in my life and because of the many great things has done, not only for me but for people around him; he deserves the title “Hero”

Now many of you are thinking, “What did your dad do to make him your hero?” My dad helped people around him, I have two great stories that I want to share with you. The first is when my dad used to work in Salt Lake; they would meet a lot of homeless people asking for money. Most people would just walk past these people and maybe shrug their shoulders, but not my dad. He would, when they asked for money, stop and instead of giving them money would ask they were hungry, most would say they weren’t because they’d just wanted money to buy drugs, but every once and a white one person would say they Were, so my dad would take them and buy them some breakfast. I am sure these people didn’t have jobs, and were really desperate trying to find though money to eat everyday, and when someone offered them food they were probably really grateful.

The second story is about when my dad was at the bank getting some cash. He had asked the teller to get him X amount lot money for him. She did this and when she gave him the money, my dad noticed that she had given him a couple hundred dollars too much, now a lot of people would have kept The money but my dad didn’t, he gave it back. Little did he know that the money that would have come out of the tellers pay check. I’m sure she too was really grateful.

Now these are not world renowned events, but they are great things that my dad has done to help make society better. If everyone did small things this like this the world would be a better place for everyone.