Ed - Escondido, California
Themes: love

I believe that Romance is a necessary, even required part of life-all of life- and its good that we’re embarking upon our annual romantic reminder on February 14th.

The source of this word is Greek, meaning “appears in imagination.” Romance, therefore, originates in a dream. It is the possibility, the “what if”, the “maybe this will work” of Love. It is the accouterments, the gratuity of Romance that makes Love sparkle. In short, Romance gives love style.

I’ll give you some examples.

Love is the smile. Romance is laughter. Love is saying “goodbye.” Romance says “until we meet again.” Love says “I love you.” Romance whispers it in the ear. Love is a hug. Romance makes their ribs wobble. Love is bringing a dozen roses. Romance is the arrangement. Love is an apology. Romance is the amends. Love is sympathy. Romance is empathy. Love is commitment. Romance is passion. Love is Music. Romance is Brahms.

Love is the birds in the trees. Romance is the seed in their birdhouse. Love is the Sun. Romance is the rays on your face. Love is the beautiful blue sky. Romance is the drift of the clouds. Love is the wind. Romance is the breeze.

Love is sweeping the driveway. Romance is twirling the broom. Love makes the coffee. Romance fills the cup and sets it on the table. Love washes the dishes. Romance looks at the reflection in the wine glass. Love lifts. Romance carries.

Love is the bed. Romance is the comforter. Love buys the presents. Romance wraps them with ribbon. Love looks at the moon. Romance sees your lover’s face in the moonlight. Love celebrates. Romance parties.

Love is laughing at a joke your friend told. Romance is laughing at it the fifth time they told it. Love is the old friend who knows your every move. Romance is the old friend that never gets tired of the same old moves.

.

Love is calling your parents. Romance is listening to them share their stories. Love is visiting the sick. Romance is holding their hand. Love encourages them to good health. Romance helps them laugh away the pain. Love is caring. Romance is carefree.

Love loves you as we age. Romance knows how great you look with gray hair. Love is wearing your favorite colors. Romance is wearing them every day. Love is champagne. Romance is champagne with a hamburger.

Love feels beauty in your soul. Romance feels beauty in you soul with a tear in your eye.

Love really is The Dream. But Romance is Le Reve.