Katharine - INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana
Themes: equality, love

This I believe- that every human being is equal irregardless of anything. I mean that irregardless of the fact that they may have committed heinous crimes, acts so atrocious we as human beings cannot wrap our minds around those acts; they still equally deserve love. That person is still equal, sacred, and worthy of love. I believe that Christ gave his life for ALL sinners and not just the ones that we want to hold up as redeemed. Every person has the capability to love, to be healed, and to forgive and be forgiven. I believe that to judge others is to judge ourselves as unworthy. I believe that each and every person has at one time been someone’s hero. They may have given a brief smile that was meaningless to them; however, that smile may have saved the life of someone who felt so lonely and disconnected that they were desperate for even that brief human contact. I believe that to love is the hardest emotion a person can give and receive. To love is to be open to pain, yet love is the reason we exist. I believe that when we begin to love ourselves and each other unselfishly the world will change. I believe that love is a greater power than money. I believe that once we realize that love is everything and everyone is worthy of love peace will overcome the world. This starts with one person, ourselves. As we go about our daily lives and interact with people who may be different than us, irritate us, or seem horrible to us we must remember that this person is love. Once we can look at the other person and see ourselves we will understand ourselves better. We can start by finding one quality about each person that we can love and pray for our love to grow from there. A seed is just a seed, yet once we plant that seed and give it light and nourishment it grows into something beautiful and nourishing. Each person you encounter is that seed, so water it, shine on it, and watch it grow. This is what I truly believe.