Chelsea - (847)824-6849, Illinois
Themes: love

ChelseaSammarco

During the summertime there are garage sales down the block. Everyone knows the saying, one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. To me I have a different feeling about garage sales. It’s a feeling of freedom This is what I believe. I believe in garage sales.

I helped my friend and my boyfriend make signs for a garage sale we were all going to have. I had some things to sell, but I had to go away for the weekend, so they were helping me sell my stuff while I was gone. We walked around the neighborhood and put up the signs. We joked and laughed and had a good time. I had to go home to leave, so I said goodbye. When I returned home from my vacation I immediately went to his house just to see him. As he walked over to me I smiled and he didn’t. I gave him a hug and kiss and just started to chat a little with him. We went inside to chill out. A little later he said out of nowhere, “I feel like I’m just hanging out with a friend right now.” I laughed a little because I thought he was just being silly. I surprised him with a big kiss, and he replied with, “Stop.” I made an uneasy smile. I thought maybe he was just in a bad mood. He walked outside and I followed him. We talked and I began finally realize what he was really saying. I broke down. It was over. I leave them alone for a weekend and he realizes he doesn’t want to be with me anymore.

At the time it killed me and I didn’t know what to think. Now that I look back I thank God for that garage sale. It brought me the truth. It made me see that he really didn’t care for me. I also realized he was never really a good boyfriend, and I didn’t have to deal with the stress he gave me.

A few months later my aunt called me and told me she was going to have a garage sale. I had plenty of things just sitting around. All the things he gave me. I didn’t want to see them anymore. I sold the $20 dollar stuffed tiger for $4, and the $30 necklace for $5. This garage sale gave me the feeling of power and freedom. I was detaching from what we used to have that I didn’t want any more and the power to rip him off. So to me garage sales bring me truth and power, and I’m happy for it.