I believe in expressing your feelings

Erika - Des Plaines, Illinois
Themes: love

As we get older many of us go through things we might have never thought of going through and you face these obstacles which sometimes are hard to solve. I’m a senior this year and what I’ve experienced this year was by far the hardest thing I’ve ever gone through… Love, I never really expected it to happen, but it did. I met the most amazing person at work and at first I thought it was nothing but a little crush, but this crush turned into really deep feelings. Day and night I would stay awake just thinking of him, he was my drug and I was addicted to him. I didn’t understand what was happening to me, I couldn’t concentrate, I couldn’t think, it was a feeling I’ve never felt before and it was driving me insane. All my friends thought I was crazy and to be careful to not fall in love with him but it was too late. We’re really close friends but for some reason we don’t share our feelings with each other. I know that the feelings are there, but we’re just so scared to express them because were both afraid of getting hurt and its just too complicated and with him leaving to the army it’s even more harder because I have to make a choice whether I tell him or not of how I really feel about him. I hesitate back and forth wanting to pull him aside and talk to him, but I can’t. Something is pulling me back not letting me express my feelings. I cry day and night not knowing what to do. I believe every girl or guy should always express their feelings no matter what, it opens everything so much more and you won’t be stuck in a situation in which I am.

Sometimes it’s so hard, and you just can’t take it no more and you just want to scream and shout. Feelings are not meant to be kept in, your suppose to express them, that’s why we have them. And that’s why I believe everyone should express their feelings, because if no one did the world would be meaningless without expressed feelings.