tirzah - 16801, Pennsylvania

Eating Pho with No Underwear is Essential to my Life.

I thoroughly enjoy eating pho (a Vietnamese soup) with no undergarments present on my body. Growing up in a household run by a would-be nudist (my mother), it is no surprise that I had a great fondness for nudity myself as a young child. That fondness has carried on into my adolescent life and helped form one of my greatest beliefs. I believe that in life I must let go every once in a while and return to the giggling child I once was to keep myself sane and free.

I am quite sure that this all began in my childhood. I have an old friend who would gladly tell you the tragic story of when I single handedly ruined her third birthday party by streaking around her house wearing my underwear as a decorative headpiece. In photographs from childhood, I am frequently painting, eating, sleeping, swimming, or just caught on the beach with very little clothing on but the clothing of my own natural skin. And that’s the way I liked it, bare natural—free and easy.

The first time I ever experienced the thrill and high rush of having a little secret in my skirt was when I was only three years old. Although I was not eating pho, I was eating matzo ball soup in a deli—which is practically as good as pho. I was so elated by my secret that I decided to share it with the whole deli— and not using my big girl words. This memory is fuzzy to me now, but what I know for sure is that the elated feeling of freeness hooked me like I doubt any drug could.

The second and most resent occurrence of my bare extravagance happened when I was about nine. Though truthfully by mistake, I did find myself eating a delicious bowl of pho wearing an old floral dress of my mothers with no underwear on. I was so delighted that I did share my secret again, but only with my family, and with my big girl words. Since then, it has become a joke between us that no one else seems to understand, but we all have a good laugh about it every now and then.

This bizarre extravagance may never keep anyone else sane other than my bare bottomed self. But, believe it or not, we cannot continually restrict ourselves; we must occasionally be free from the cage that increasingly incarcerates so many innocent people as our mad world rages on. What I am trying to say is that people today seem too stressed out and too crazy, no one just takes a break and sanely eats pho with no underwear anymore. So I urge you all to—not necessarily to eat pho with no underwear—but to find something that can keep you sane and free.

Maybe it is essential for me to eat an international soup in my special bare style every six years. If so, I am overdue.