Elizabeth - Kennesaw, Georgia

Bond Elizabeth

Mrs. Efaw

Honors Americans Literary

December 9, 2007

I believe people sometimes forget that they are not God. I believe some people think they have more knowledge than what they have. I believe people think they know more than others. At times, people forget that they have not been alive for a long time, and those who have been living a while, know they are ignorant of some things. They know that they, just like everyone else, can still learn. They know that they are not the perfect apple out of the bunch.

When I was a little girl, I often believed I was surrounded by peers who thought themselves higher than what they were or, “know-it-alls”. I thought they believed they knew many things and that other people were ignorant or closed-minded. Often I sat in class and listened intently to the conversations swarming around me. At some conversations that ran into my mind, I became upset and my anger jumped about. My rage was released, when some of my peers put down my beliefs and ridiculed them. Millions of times, they would belittle my belief in God, a higher being, and exchange it for men’s deceitful truth.

People have a free choice to believe what they desire, but why make a mockery of my belief in God? Why belittle it? Several times I thought, “Who are they to know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that they are correct? Who are they, men, to tell me that I am incorrect?” The conclusion man has to creation is The Big Bang Theory, but who is man to say how we were brought to be. From the Big Bang Theory, they lead into the theory of Evolution. Evolution explains how we came to be in man’s eyes, but who is man to say, human beings evolved from apes? Man, who only exist because God created him. Man, who has only lived for the time God allowed him to. Man can not do that himself, make himself live. He can not make his own heart pump, if he were near death and wanted to live. Man can not show proof of the Big Bang Theory, and man is not God.

Questions are asked, that man try to find answers to. Questions such as: who made the sun and the moon? Where did the Earth get its grass and water? Some men do not believe in God, but rather the false answers of man who are now dead. They choose to put their faith in man, who have lived and died. If men know these answers, then tell me. Since, Evolution says we formed over time by small particles or atoms, and then what was the first gender? How did we find the means to multiply? When we evolved from apes, why did the process cease or leave no evidence today? The answers you can give are based on opinions, not actual fact. Fact is not an option for man’s answers, but only an educated conclusion.

The Bible, what I believe in, is inspired by God. About forty different people wrote parts of the bible, and they did this over enormous years span. If you look at the Bible, you will realize that it all corresponds together. It does not contradict itself, like some believe. Now tell me man, your idea on how this is possible. Tell me how it is possible, that men, who live in different time eras, could write a book that fits together perfectly. How could prophecies written in the Old Testament come true in the New Testament? There is no other answer, but God. Yet, still people choose to pretend, that they are the Alpha and Omega. That they have the answers to how we came to be, and how the Bible could had been written, instead of facing the fact that they do not know. Instead of facing the fact that they do not know everything and that they do not hold all the answers. Instead of facing the fact that they can still learn.

I believe people forget that we have been created and that we are not the Creator. I believe people listen to what they want, and forget that they can still learn. I believe people tend to forget that there is someone greater than them. This, I believe.