Benjamin - Kennesaw, Georgia

Benjamin Grillo

12/7/07

Mrs. Efaw

Period 3

I believe that as an individual, I have power. There is power in thought and when I set my mind to something, I have set my intent. I believe I have a voice. I have a say in what goes on in this world. Every single person has this power. And when all these individuals set forth their intent, we are pieces in a puzzle. A puzzle, that when it takes shape, can and will change the world. However, we sometimes don’t have a clear picture of what that puzzle is because people won’t use their individual power to speak up. Its like trying to write words that have no vowels. So you can only guess what the words or the thoughts are. Eventually, when all the letters have been filled in, the words become clear and the message can be seen. Yet imagine how much more could be accomplished, if people were consciously aware of their power and used it in a conscious way.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone. Eventually, someone else, of like mind, will stand with you. Should no one choose to stand with you, it shouldn’t matter because you have been true to yourself. You have the power to be strong on your own.

This I believe, that there is a higher power. I believe that there is an omnipotent presence that is pure love, pure light, pure knowing. I believe that when each person comes into alignment within this higher power that he can move mankind to a better place. I believe that religious beliefs are based on understanding and knowing this higher power. Although the names may change from culture to culture, country to country, person to person, I believe it is still the same source.

This I believe, that the family unit is the backbone of who I am. It is within this unit that I have been exposed to the experiences of life. It is within the boundaries of this unit that I have been taught the most important lessons of life. I have learned that I am loved for who I am. I have learned that life presents me with choices, and I should choose wisely. I have learned right from wrong. I have learned that everyone plays a part in keeping a family functioning. I have learned to get along in a group. I have that my brothers and sisters are my best friends and stand beside me no matter what I have done or said. I have learned that my parents really have lived longer and might actually have great wisdom. I have learned to say I’m sorry and I love you.

This I believe, that my mind is my most powerful tool. It allows me to process the information that comes to me daily, ruminate on it and then move from there. I believe that by using my mind I can form my own opinions, fight for my individuality, and speak my truth. I believe that the mind is limitless potential. From it, you can harvest motivation, creativity, knowledge and change.

This I believe, that you live your life until you can learn all the lessons that your soul has come to learn. I believe these lessons make you who you are. These lessons may be painful, but they all play a part in developing your soul. I believe, that in some way, whether consciously or unconsciously, I have said yes to learning these lessons.

This I believe, that life is truly what you make of it. It has it ups and downs, its good times and bad, its joy and sorrow. I believe that if you move forward with integrity and hang on for the ride, it is truly a wonderful experience.

This I believe, that this assignment made me think. Although, it took some time to get going, it forced me to think. It made me concentrate on what I actually believe and then led me to put those thoughts into form. I believe it gave me a lot of insight into who I am and how I look at the world. I believe that I am stronger in my knowing.