Andy - 30066, Georgia
Themes: environment

I can make a difference by…

The blue planet is a very fragile thing that may be preserved and protected by undemanding tasks and actions. Just a few ways I can make a difference is by cutting the rings to beverage casings, refraining from spraying harmful air-cleaners, and by carpooling.

Seals, sea turtles, and birds are being strangled, suffocated and starved to death every day by pure human ignorance. Is it really the trash killing the animals? Or is it the blissful unawareness of what humans are doing that takes these lives? Human ignorance to simply tear the rings to beverage casings are murdering many exotic animals everyday, The animals who stumble across these in the wild are curious about and/or hungry for these scrumptious looking casings. After a while a numerous animals are entangled in the casing and have no hands or fingers to save themselves. Along with strangulation, starvation also occurs due to the fact they can’t open their mouths for months at a time.

Another way that I can personally make a difference is by refraining from using air-fresheners. When the harmful chemicals reach the ozone layer they literally destroy the only thing that protects the earth. Yes, they destroy the only thing that protects us from solar storms, harmful sunbeams, and falling space matter.

A third trouble-free way to make a positive difference in the world is by car-pooling to help temporarily preserve the oh-so-precious, un-renewable resource, gas. As we all know, gas unlike many things like plastic and water cannot be renewed. The only amount of gas we have left is that which we haven’t used. This amount really isn’t that much when you look at the amount used just in Atlanta everyday. By only taking completely necessary trips, many drops, puddles, gallons, tanks, and barrels of gas can be reserved until a new fuel source is found.

So how can I make a difference and have a upbeat impact on the Earth? Quite simply by cutting the rings of beverage casings, not using air-fresheners, and by preserving gas. In seeking wisdom thou art wise; in imagining that thou hast attained it – thou art a fool.