Allie - kennesaw, Georgia

This I Believe…

I believe in life. I believe in living life to the fullest. You can die at any moment so you need to live everyday like it’s your last. John Wooden once said,” Learn as if you were to live forever, live as if you were to die tomorrow.” This quote is one of my favorite quotes because it’s saying to learn all you can and live your life to the fullest and don’t hold back anything. I have so far lived my life to the fullest as I can right now but there are still so many things I want to learn and do. It’s very important to live life to the fullest because you only have one life to live so you should make it a great one no matter what might happen in your life.

I believe you can make a good life for yourself no matter what circumstances you might go through. My aunt is an alcoholic and has almost died multiple times. If she drinks one more drink her liver could completely fail and she could die. She is sick all the time from it and she doesn’t seem to want to stop drinking. Her son, my cousin, had to live through all this and it was very hard for him. He is now in college and paying out of his own pocket and hasn’t ever drank because he sees what it does to his mom. Even though all this has happened to him he is a very happy person who lives each day to the

fullest. He doesn’t let his mom’s problems get to him. My cousin is like a rock that can withstand anything. He has taught me that from wherever you come from and whatever your family situation is you can lead a happy and successful life.

I believe you shouldn’t live your life with any regrets. I believe you should learn from you mistakes and move on. I don’t think you should dwell over the mistakes you have made but you should know what you did wrong and try not to do it again. Dwelling over your mistakes will only make you unhappy and depressed so just move on with your life but realize you have done something wrong. If you never make any mistakes in your life you won’t learn anything so essentially making mistakes are good that way you can learn from them.

I believe in being generous and kind to all and mean to none. Being nice and generous will make you and others around you feel better. After I deliver presents to the less fortunate on Christmas Eve for my church I feel great. I feel like I have made someone else’s life better and that makes my life better. I try my hardest to be nice to everyone even if I don’t necessarily like that person. By a smile to someone who has had a hard day you can make their day better. I believe being generous and kind will make you feel better about yourself and in the end leading you to a happier life.

I believe in life. I believe in living life to the fullest, not regretting and being kind and generous. This I believe.