Cassie - West Valley City, Utah

I believe in in traveling and experiencing new cultures. I love to travel and I have traveled all my life. I have been to many states in the continental United States, Mexico, and the Bahamas. I hope to travel all over the world during my lifetime. I am very passionate about my culture, and have a very odd nationality. My great grandparents were from Mexico, Belgium, Italy, and Greece. I think that’s why I like to travel and learn about different cultures.

I love to try learning about cultures. I can learn by taking Spanish classes, taking a dance class on African dancing, or watching a foreign movie. I don’t have to travel half way around the world to learn about different cultures. When I do travel do not like to stay in a very high end hotel that could be anywhere in the world, I like to stay somewhere that has some character and really shows me what the place is like. I also do not like to go shopping somewhere that has the same stores I have at home. I really like to go to markets and small shops. When I go somewhere I like to see what it is really like there.

This summer I participated in a peace project for Northern Ireland called the Ulster Project. Each American had an Irish teen stay with them for the month of July. I learned about the fighting between the Catholics and Protestants, which has been going on for many years. We had a lot of fun times and I really learned a lot about their culture and their country.

I can see the common bond between everyone in the world. I realize seeing that even though we all have different views and cultures, we are more similar than different. This is something you can learn from traveling!

I love traveling and hopefully I will be able to travel the rest of my life by becoming a tour guide.