alan - montgomery, Minnesota
Themes: work

Working in the Shop

My life I get up in the mooring with the smell of the mooring dew the birds chirping I walk in the shop crank the radio and get to work I look at all the shiny chrome tools, the amount of money you hold in your hands in one day is unbelievable the I crack open a pop, pop the hood and get to work.

The thrill I get when I am working on something like a truck or a car is a great accomplish. So then you can drive it and show it off or race or do whatever makes me feel like a have reached my goal.

Working in the shop has made me into the person I am today. I am a stronger person and what I learn by tearing apart a car or a sled and putting it back together makes me feel like I would like to get a career in that kind of work.

You look at the clock, and every second that goes by counts for something. Whether you’re working, thinking or looking for a tool. You try harder and harder to get done, your hands move the wrench back and forth; every click of the wrench means something.

I’ve worked on snowmobiles, four wheelers, cars and trucks; basically any thing that runs on gas I have worked on. I have been thinking about getting a career working as a mechanic and working and working on cars and trucks.

Your hands get all bloody and greasy. You take the socket and tighten up the nut and take the torque wrench and torque down the nuts on the head of the motor down to spec. This is my life and this is what I live for.