caleb - montgomery, Minnesota
Themes: work

Parent’s and Teens

Am I ready for life? Would I be ok on my own? I know I am ready for it. I think parents should show there kids how the real life is at an early age. That’s what I believe in.

At age 12 my mom and dad got in to a divorce, was I ready for that, no. But I learned how to do things for myself and knew I would have to get a job. So I did and I was making 10 dollars an hour and buying my own cloths and other things. My parents put this pressure on me to get ready for life. Right now I’m almost 17 and I’m living with my parents. The only thing I really don’t have to pay for is shelter and some foods. I work at k-mart making 7.75 an hour and I’m ready for life. I buy widow wash, laundry soap and stuff like that. I pay for gas to get to work even though I don’t have a car. I learn the hard way for an easier life.

If you want to show kids what life is like make them pay for there stuff. But go easy on them at first. My parents never went easy on me and it was hard to help myself. But I did. Make them pay for there insurance on there car or truck. Make them buy there car or truck if they want it so bad. Make them pay for school do’s or lunches. Send them out to get a job. Stuff like that.

Parents should be more strict on there kids or they will be having a hard time in life or be little spoiled brats. Thats what I believe in.

Caleb Drentlaw