Ben - Montgomery, Minnesota
Themes: sports

Ben Morgan

Some of my favorite memories were spent on the driving range on sunny mornings at my local public golf course. You see, I’d be the only one there hitting range balls off the dewy grass almost every day. I’d ride my bike uphill across town to get there sometimes three times a day. It’s the most peaceful thing to do. I can just forget about everything and hit golf balls onto the driving range. You see, I believe in golf.

In golf you learn a lot, about the game and yourself. It teaches honesty and hard work. I can learn a lot about someone I’ve never seen or known before by playing a few holes with them. Like what kind of person they are (happy, sad, or angry) or if you have a bad temper or even if you are a cheater or even if you’re a hard-worker or just lazy.

In golf it doesn’t matter how old you are, what color of your skin is, how strong you are, if you’re male or female, or even how much money you have. Everyone can play and everyone is equal, nobody has an advantage. It is also a good opportunity to meet other people that you wouldn’t probably even talk to before. You see, golf brings together everyone who plays it.

To play golf well, you have to believe in yourself: you can’t rely on anyone, but yourself. It gives people the chance to get away from and forget all the problems of the world and yourself and have fun. If you don’t have fun playing golf you won’t play it for long. You’ll quit and chances are you’ve quit or are going to quit at other things in life. I believe in golf.