Katrina - Montgomery, Minnesota
Themes: carpe diem

Everyone has always told me that if I didn’t devote myself to my schooling I wouldn’t go very far in life. It was constantly being sung into my ear that without that dedication my life would be empty and depressing. I have disagreed with this thought with every inch of my soul.

I believe that to grow as a person you must dedicate yourself to living life. Take all the chances you get, and if you make a mistake…don’t look back. Sure, life has its high points and its low points, that’s how it keeps us on our toes. My advice is to experience as much of life as you can during your short stay on this colorful rock. Have no regrets, everyone makes mistakes. You have to learn to take everything in stride, roll with the punches. Just remember, as a famous red head would say,”The sun’ll come out tomorrow.” I’ve made many mistakes in my life and I wouldn’t change them for the world. Each little thing I’ve done has helped me become the person I am today and I am completely happy and comfortable with that.

To all of the people who told me to devote myself to my studies, I have one thing to say: this caring, friendly, outgoing girl may not spend every waking moment thinking about school, but God knows, she’s going places.