I believe that life is a journey not a destination.

Heather - Westminster, Colorado

Heather Hanson

Mrs. Ashley

Speech, Block 1

20 December 2007

Learning something new everyday is something I believe that will make your journey worth while. I learn something everyday through school, but more importantly I try to learn something new about myself with every argument I get into, every paper I fail, I take a second look at what made me do this, what can I learn about myself from this? I believe that this will help me be ready when I reach my destination.

Taking things as they come, is another part that will help me reach my destination, I believe. If you don’t take what comes at you a piece at a time, things get overwhelming, for me. When I try to take on a billion things at once, it throws me off completely and I become a person I don’t want to be. So I try to just take it as it comes, just step by step, although it is good to sometimes figure out a plan at what you are planning to do, I find it better just to take my time. Hurrying through each difficult situation is a way I don’t learn from my mistakes.

A lot of times life doesn’t go the way I want it to, but I have to learn how to deal. A couple of years ago, my best friend and I that were best friends for 8 years, decided we didn’t want to be friends anymore. At that time I had a really hard time speaking my feelings, which made it harder for me to understand completely what was happening. It was hard for me to grasp the idea that we wouldn’t really be friends anymore. Since then I have learned that you have to speak what you are feeling in difficult times.

I mess up a lot! But that’s o.k. with me. I enjoy messing up because then

I learn from my mistakes and it helps me become a better person. I try everyday to improve myself to become the best person I can be. Each mistake I make I look at it as if it is something to make me become a better person.

Finally, I believe my final destination is Heaven. That life is really just to prepare me for after I die. Each day is a day closer to where I hope to get the chance of meeting with God. I hope that life does prepare me enough so that I am ready for God when my time comes.

I believe that life is a journey not a destination and that I will be prepared when I reach my ultimate destination, Heaven.