Anna - huntsburg, Ohio
Themes: change

Changes

I lived in Burton, Ohio for the first ten years of my life. I lived with her two brothers, Mark and Nick, and her sister, Shelley, whenever she needed somewhere to stay. When I was eleven years old not only did I move from Burton to Huntsburg, I moved schools. I went to Notre Dame all my life and then had to switch to a school with literally no walls to separate the classes. It was a very drastic change for me. I changed not only schools, but my clothing style, my friends, and it really changed who I was as a person.

My best friend, Brenna, from kindergarten to fourth grade said we would be best friends forever. We were so alike in so many different ways and practically sisters. Eventually after a couple months of being apart, we drifted and didn’t talk for four years. After the four years when we saw each other, we were so different. Brenna was extremely ‘preppy’ and stuck-up; she dressed different, talked different, and seemed like a totally different person all together.

Since middle school I have changed so much. My personality, what I do for fun, and my friends have all turned into something different. The smallest thing can change everything. I believe I have changed for the better, and I’m happy where I am now. I know who my true friends are, and who I can always count on. Some of my friends have changed into a person that I didn’t want to be close too, and some changed into some of my best friends.

After graduation I know a ton of things will change, and never be the same. Everyone, no matter how much they promise they won’t, will drift and loose touch. In ten years I’ll probably see an old friend and see how much they changed, and wonder what would I be like if I stayed around here, and stayed close with everyone. Change is a good thing, it opens so many more opportunities and shapes who you are supposed to be and what’s ahead of you. I believe, “There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction.”