Darek - Rapid City, South Dakota

I believe that death is looming everywhere, we as human beings have accepted this. Also, we have accepted that there is either an afterlife, or no afterlife. I believe that death is only achievable if you accept it. That you will only fall into that great sleep, or take your journey to heaven if you accept that you are absolutely going to die. As for myself I intend to live for eternity. I say this in the most logic of sense that I can. I will not accept death, therefore I will continue to live.

To a lot of people it may sound like I am a crazy fool. I will not argue with you, because I can accept the fact that I may very well be wrong, and if I do die, I don’t want any sour memories. Though with all of this I am in no way saying that I am an atheist. I believe absolutely in God and heaven. I just don’t think that I am destined to go there. Although I may be wrong about that too.

Though as for my views on Hell, I think that arrival in that place would not be obvious. It would be like waking up like every other day, forced to live in a constant cycle though a new earth. Never escaping to the paradise that is heaven, it is this thinking that sometimes leads me to the hope that I am wrong. Because if Hell is just another earth. Then in living forever, I would be condemning myself to hell.

Something that has always bugged me about life however, is that there is always someone out there trying to change the way someone leads their life. Try to call an intervention as to stop a drinking habit, or trying to make them drip an addiction. If they want to keep doing it let them do it, because when they pass they will have had the time of there lives, in the most literal of speak. Some believe that these people will have nothing but regret lying on their death bed, I think that this is hogwash. They did what they wanted with their life why would they have regret.

I suppose I have actually explained a lot of my beliefs in this essay, more than one anyway. I don’t really intend to change these beliefs and I continue to formulate more as I am writing this, and I will continue to live by these beliefs.