Mike - S. San Francisco, California
Themes: love

Mike Rogers

Maybe there really are miracles…

This I believe.

I’m 18, a senior and was a skeptical person when it came to miracles. It was a combination of meeting Tatiana and events between my sophomore and senior year that changed my mind about miracles though. These events consisted of Tatiana and I first meeting each other and quickly talking more and more. Then how Tati and I first started going out, then how we broke up and finally, how we reunited and how Tati’s actions forced me to change my mind about miracles.

Tatiana and I were first introduced at the beginning of her freshmen year of 2004-2005, by a mutual friend. In October of 2006 Tati and I reintroduced ourselves and exchanged phone numbers after an unforgettable, passionate hug. After that, Tati and I started talking on the phone and hanging out more, both in and outside of school.

I quickly found out a lot about Tati and how much we had in common. After Tati and I began spending so much time together, our attraction towards each other became very noticeable. In late November 2006 Tati and I started talking about relationships. Like me, Tati had never gone out with someone for more than three months. She had also never gone back out with somebody or ever been in “love”.

On December 17, 2006, I asked Tatiana if she wanted to go out with me. To my amazement Tati said “yes.” Though the first week or two were a little quiet, soon Tati and I began spending almost every day together, showing how much we cared about each other. Our passion grew and grew. One day I asked Tati how much she liked me. With a beautiful smile she replied, “A lot, a lot, Super Dooper, times Infinity.”

I was speechless. Just the thought of this Goddess liking me even a little was unbelievable. Tati’s answer had made my heart stop with a feeling that this beautiful angel was sent to me, like a miracle from above. A few weeks later, after Tati and I continued to talk about our relationship, I asked her, if she liked me so much, then she must have loved me, even if it was jus a little. I knew we were meant to be when she replied, “Yes, I do love you!” It was the first time, in both our lives, that we were in love. Soon Tati proudly introduced me to more of her family. I got along with all that I met and they all “approved” of me.

Unfortunately, after an unforgettable three months, Tatiana and I broke up. Tati told me it was because she didn’t have time for a boyfriend. I was heart-broken, but at the same time I wanted her to be happy. The first month I hoped that Tati would want me back and I did everything I could think of to change her mind, but nothing worked. I shared my problem with my mom and she told me that “If you truly love someone, you have to let them go and fly away, but if they come back, keep them because it was meant to be.” So I decided to take her advice and let whatever happen, happen. If Tati still loved me as much as I did her, then she would tell me that she wanted me back.

We talked less and less, then not at all. That summer I signed up for summer school and apparently so did Tati. It wasn’t until then that we began to talk again. We hadn’t seen or spoken to one another for almost a month or two. Then all of a sudden we picked up right where we left off – it was nice.

Soon the regular school year began and I could tell that Tati still had feelings for me. On September 20, 2007, Tatiana made me believe in miracles. As we were talking on the phone, Tati told me that she had been thinking about me a lot lately. I didn’t tell her, but I had been thinking a lot about her as well. Tatiana told me that she missed me and after thinking about the reason she broke up with me, she knew it was a dumb reason. Tati told me that she had given it a lot of thought. She had talked to her two best friends about her and me and they tried persuading her to go back out with me. So, I said “Tatiana Nicolette Espinoza, do you want to go out with me…again?” She immediately replied, “Yes!” After about six long, excruciating months, we reunited. We’ve been together for six months now. We love each other more than ever and I think that the six months that we were apart made us appreciate each other more. We are planning to be together for a long time. I tell her every day how much she means to me and how I would do anything for her. Now I want to let everyone else know that Tatiana Espinoza is my Miracle……….. This I believe.