Katie - Marietta, Georgia

The Power of Friendship

My friends are a huge part of my life, and I don’t know what I would ever do without them. Whether I am having a bad day or I have some exciting news, they are right by my side, ready to listen. They support me with the decisions I make, and are there to help me with the decisions I can’t make. We laugh together, we cry together, and we live our lives together. I am so blessed with the friends I have, and I know that my life or myself would never be the same without them. The power of the bond with each of my friends is so strong. We may find ourselves in a tiff or two, but we manage to get through.

At the age of sixteen I am constantly experiencing and learning new things in life, and it is great to have my friends beside me, along for the ride. I enjoy having them there, because then I can talk to them about things that I know they can easily relate to. We are always together, ready for any new journey life may bring us. I believe that it is not always where you are that contributes to the fun that you have, but who you are with. Many of the most fun times I have had in my life have been with my friends, and will be held in my memory for a life time. I have been able to go many places because of my friends, and experience many wonderful things in life because of them. From traveling to California, to enjoying music at Bonnaroo, some of the best experiences of my life could not be possible without my friends. I love having someone there that shares the same love or passion for things I do.

I am often influenced by my friends in many positive ways. I guess I can say that in a way they have helped shape who I am. I care what they think about me, because they are such an important part of my life. Not a day goes by where I am not learning new things from them. I have learned so many things from my friends, and I can’t imagine how different my life would be without them. Sometimes I may say something that isn’t very nice or something wrong, and one of my friends will correct me. These corrections make me think about what I have said, and only make me stronger as a person.

My friends and I may seem different from each other, but the one thing we share is the fact that we are able to have a lot of fun with each other. Our differences only lead to new experiences or similarities that may develop. My friends may listen to different music, wear different clothes, or enjoy doing different things. All of this contributes to the new things I learn from them. I have been introduced to songs I have never heard of but now are some of my favorites, activities I never thought I would enjoy, or places that I never thought I would go.

The bond that I share with my friends is so strong, and I hope that as we move on to our separate paths, that we are able to hold this bond forever. I will always remember the times that I have shared with these girls and the special people that they all are. They have truly impacted my life, and I am thankful for them everyday. Through thick and thin, my friends and I stick together until the end. This is why I believe in the power of friendship.