I Believe In God

Sarah - Kenneaw, Georgia

There are many things in this world that I believe in, but most of all I believe in God. I believe he created this earth and all of the things living in it. He is the Alpha, Omega, Beginning and the End, and he is my Savior, Messiah, Redeemer and friend. God has always been there for me throughout all the tough times especially back in August of 2006, when my mother got laid off from the only job in our home that brought in the monthly income. We were so scared because there was no money coming in from my mom, and the child support from my dad was not enough to pay for all the bills. Miraculously, God intervened and we received a check from our family that we had up in Michigan, for fifteen hundred dollars. We were so happy because, if we did not have God in our hearts, then we would have not received the check from our family. This event in my life taught me never to lose hope and to always have faith in God, because he will always be there for me.

There are no words to explain how grateful I am for God because he is so amazing. I am thankful for the Gift of life, I thank him for each beautiful day that he gives unto me, and I am thankful for my family and friends. I give thanks unto him because there are people living out on the streets that have no home and do not know where their next meal is coming from. God is a loving God because whenever I fall, he picks me up, whenever I sin, he’ll forgive me and whenever I’m sad, he brings me joy. He’s an awesome God and he will never turn his back on his children. I love the lord with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my might and with all my strength. God empowers us because whoever who kneels before him can stand before anyone. He treasures of us similar to the way a lioness treasures her young naive cub. God is indescribable, uncontainable, and all powerful. He helped my family and me in our time of need; He helped my family when my mom was laid off from her job, and we barely had any money, and He helped my family when he brought us here from Kenya. So don’t frown upon life when things are bad, turn that frown upside down and think of the glass as always halfway full because God will always be there for you.