Zachary - Marietta, Georgia

I believe in the ultimate and mighty power of procrastination. Why is it that no matter what you do you always end up rushing and scrambling at the very last moment to get something done? It is because it always works out that way.

Whenever I prepare for weeks upon weeks for something it never pans out. I can study every night for a week on a test and absolutely nothing will ever come out of it. For example the other week we took our “Hardest” (Coach Wright) APUSH test of the entire year. I prepared for almost a week before the test. However when I got into the test I was surprised to discover I was as ill prepared as if I had not studied at all.

On the other hand procrastination always comes through in a testing situation. Why is whenever you forget about a test you do your best? I can stroll into school about a quarter to eight and think, “Hey I have a test today.” I go into to the test, and miraculously every single bit of information I crammed into my skull is right in front of me. Procrastination is a mighty power.

Procrastination does not apply to every situation. I believe that people believe that they have been studying all year that they do not have to study for finals. However procrastination does not help you in these situations. Finals, midterms, and cumulative tests are the exceptions to the power of Procrastination. No matter how lucky or how smart you are, nothing good ever comes of not studying for a final. Procrastination is something that should be used and not abused.

Procrastination should never be abused. It should be a carefully chosen event. A careful decision to forget about a lesser assignment. Which is why the power of procrastination should not apply to everything?

Procrastination in its purest form is never good. This is why I revise my previous statement. I believe in Appropriate, lucky, and planned procrastination. This is what I believe.