william - Onaway, Michigan
Themes: work

Hard Work

I believe that hard work truly pays off. I awoke this morning to screaming. The baby crying again. While pushing his pacifier back into his mouth, I realized it was 10:30 am. We both got up, and I started making his breakfast while devising a plan to finish my homework before 3:00pm. Finally he fell asleep after he was finished with his breakfast, around 11:00 am, and I could get started on my homework. Having a whole chapter of algebra, and an essay to write, I don’t have a lot of time to eat, shower, or do much of anything. Luckily my girlfriend is awake to help me take care of our baby so I can concentrate on my schoolwork. After my homework is complete, around 3:00 pm, I still have to drive for an hour to the next town and print my homework at the library before I go to school at 4:00 pm and take my Algebra test. I then stay at school for both of my classes until 8:20 pm ( still haven’t eaten), then I have another hour long ride home. I get home at 9:40 pm and finally get to eat and shower. By now my girlfriend is exhausted from dealing with a screaming teething baby, cleaning, and cooking and it is my turn to endure the next episode. The baby stays up until around 4:00 am, which is his normal hour of rest, and we both go to sleep. I awake at 6:30 am, this time to an alarm I had set the night before, and I have just enough time to shower, get dressed, eat, and venture on my hour long car ride to be at work at 7:45 am. Throughout this process I always have time to remind myself that hard work pays off. Soon I will graduate form College, and I will be able to provide my son with a better life than I had as a child. Soon I will have my own place to live, and maybe even a car that doesn’t break down every month. Soon my life will be easier to manage and I will be able to spend more time with my family. This is what keeps me motivated day to day. This is my reason for working hard.